Wildcard MX and exim failing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christoph Lameter
Cc: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: Wish list
Asunto: Wildcard MX and exim failing
I have one person i have setup Exim for who has a wildcard MX record for
all hosts in his domain to direct it to a central mail host.

Exim by default has the following default:

search_parents

    Type:    boolean
    Default: true

This caused mail delivery to fail intermittently from the mailhub since an
MX record could be retrieved for any xxxx.company.com! All host have MX
records pointing to the localhost for exim.

Could we change this default to false?

I have also someone trying to sent 100.000 E-mails with exim using the
following in a loop:

cat testmessage | exim -bm -odqs user@???
echo "user@???"

Why does this take so long? I know that it would be better not to use this
brute-force approach but why does it tie up the host forever?

This has been running for a week now I believe.