Re: Wildcard MX and exim failing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christoph Lameter
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Rejecting mail from unrewritable addresses
Asunto: Re: Wildcard MX and exim failing
On Tue, 13 May 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I have one person i have setup Exim for who has a wildcard MX record for
> all hosts in his domain to direct it to a central mail host.
>
> Exim by default has the following default:
>
> search_parents
>
>     Type:    boolean
>     Default: true

> This caused mail delivery to fail intermittently from the mailhub since an
> MX record could be retrieved for any xxxx.company.com!

... but that is what a wildcard MX does. I'm sorry, I'm not sure I
understand the problem here.

> All host have MX records pointing to the localhost for exim.
>
> Could we change this default to false?

It is the default in the resolver (at least in the resolver on the
machine I develop on). That is why I made it the default in Exim.

> I have also someone trying to sent 100.000 E-mails with exim using the
> following in a loop:
>
> cat testmessage | exim -bm -odqs user@???
> echo "user@???"
>
> Why does this take so long? I know that it would be better not to use this
> brute-force approach but why does it tie up the host forever?
>
> This has been running for a week now I believe.

Without more details, I'm afraid I really can't say.

Philip