Re: File-based net lists

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James R Grinter
A: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: File-based net lists
On Tue 13 May, 1997, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
>There have been some requests for the ability to hold lists of networks
>in separate files, instead of having to have large lists in the config-
>uration file.

The obvious best structure is a Radix-tree (aka Patricia tree), as per
the BSD-4.4 routing table structure.

However, I'm not sure how that could be mapped to a disk based structure;
it's already been highlighted that having to (re)load an entire config
each time would be troublesome.

Brian Blackmore asks how big lists can get: At work we have over 40 seperate
network "blocks" (big ones and little ones) that comprise "local" people,
which might want to be used in an "allow relay" acl.

I'd be surprised if, somewhere, someone hasn't already solved this.

James.