Re: locally_caseless in exim 1.62.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jon Morby
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Friso Kuipers, Exim users list
Asunto: Re: locally_caseless in exim 1.62.

Something possibly on the same lines, a problem anyway :)

Someone just tried sending a message through one of the relays I run,
addressed to ABS@???.

Now, I have a rewrite rule which assuming the domain matches against a list,
it attempts to rewrite the LHS to RHS taken from a file in rewrites/${domain}

This works fine for anything in fido.net (as an example), failing and letting
the address through if it doesn't find a match....

*@dbm;/usr/exim/cf/db/rw_hosts \
        ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/usr/exim/cf/rewrites/$domain}{$value}fail} E
*@dbm;/usr/exim/cf/db/rw_hosts \
        $1@${lookup{$domain}dbm{/usr/exim/cf/db/rw_hosts}{$value}fail} E

rw_hosts looks like this ...
frost.net frostmd.demon.co.uk
bofh.org bofh.org
fido.net fido.net

whilst rewrites/fido.net looks like this

walrus     walrus@???
wildhearts wildhearts@???
etc

Anyway,

having matched fido.net against FIDO.NET (because domains are caseless) it
then failed to find rewrites/FIDO.NET because FFS isn't caseless :)

Should ${domain} not be converted to lower case when used in expansions, etc?

16:05:24 0wPrEY-0000KZ-00 Expansion of ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/usr/exim/cf/rewrite
s/$domain}{$value}fail} failed while rewriting: failed to open
/usr/exim/cf/rewrites/FIDO.NET for linear search: No such file or directory
16:05:24 0wPrEY-0000KZ-00 <= TMACINTYRE@??? H=newworldtech.com
[207.121.27.2] P=smtp S=694 id=9C03733301F82C76@-SMF-
16:05:24 0wPrEY-0000KZ-00 ** ABS@???: unknown local-part "abs" in domain
"fido.net"
16:05:24 0wPrEa-0000Kd-00 <= <> R=0wPrEY-0000KZ-00 U=exim P=local S=1398
16:05:24 0wPrEY-0000KZ-00 Error message sent to TMACINTYRE@???
16:05:25 0wPrEY-0000KZ-00 Completed

> On Tue, 6 May 1997, Friso Kuipers wrote:
>
> > Question: Is 1.6.2 broken in this respect, or are there machines out there

which
> > do not exhibit this behaviour? Or am I the only person who wants to give hi

s box

--
Jon Morby                                  mail: jon@???
Fidonet/Internet Gateway                   http: www.fido.net