Re: sender_host_address in director

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Bradley
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: sender_host_address in director
On Thu, 8 May 1997, Chris Bradley wrote:

>    In my private Exim filter file (set up through the forwardfile
> directory), I can't seem to make use of the $sender_host_address,
> even though the message is being received via SMTP.

>    Are these values not "passed" onto the director after being received
> via SMTP?  I'm trying to make my own private ban by IP number, but
> it doesn't appear it's being passed into the director.

I realized only a few days ago that I have made a small boo-boo here.
The sender_host data doesn't get stored on the spool, so is not
available during delivery, only during reception (e.g. for generating
the Received: header).

I should probably fix this, especially as at least one person wants to
use it! However, banning by IP number isn't going to be all that
effective if you are receiving messages on a host that has a backup MX
machine, since mail may well come via your backup MX instead of direct
from the host you don't like.

Philip