Re: locally_caseless in exim 1.62.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Friso Kuipers
Cc: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: locally_caseless in exim 1.62.
On Tue, 6 May 1997, Friso Kuipers wrote:

> Question: Is 1.6.2 broken in this respect, or are there machines out there which
> do not exhibit this behaviour? Or am I the only person who wants to give his box
> a weird name?

The locally_caseless option applies only to "local parts" of addresses,
not to domain or host names. It is defined somewhere (can't remember the
RFC offhand) that domain and host names are case-independent. So you can
have a host called GroteErg.something, but it will be the same host as
groteerg.something.

Where exactly did you notice a difference between 1.61 and 1.62?

Philip