Re: PostgreSQL (DB) lookup interface

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Harris
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: PostgreSQL (DB) lookup interface
On Sat, 3 May 1997, Chris Harris wrote:

> FYI, I'm currently implimenting some exim lookup types for the (free)
> PostgreSQL database program while allow for SQL database queries in
> ${lookup} bits.

Buried on my list of ideas for Exim is SQL, so I'm please to know that
somebody else is doing the work! Certainly other people have expressed
interest in the past, so you might get some takers for testing.

> At the same time, I think it might be helpful to make
> a more standard/documented process for adding lookup types, just as there
> is already a standard/documented process for adding transports and
> directors. Is there something that would prevent this from being a
> reasonable idea?

I was slow to realize that adding lookup types would be something that
might be done as often as adding drivers. That's the only reason it
isn't documented or so tidy.

Philip