Re: Exim and parsing "unusual" Envelope Froms

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Steve Davies
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim and parsing "unusual" Envelope Froms
On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Steve Davies wrote:

> wpuser%mhshost{"gwisedom1.gwisedom2:user"}@mhs.client.co.za
>
> Exim complains about this address, saying "@ missing in route address".

Not a very good error message. Sorry...

> Is the SMTP address the gateway generates valid? Opinions around here are
> mixed.

... but according to my reading of RFC 822 that is not a valid address. An
address is local-part@domain. A local part is word.word.word... A word
is an atom or a quoted string. An atom is a sequence of non-special
characters. A double quote is a special character. Therefore

wpuser%mhshost{"gwisedom1

is not a valid atom. QED (I hope :-). I will improve the error message
in some future release.