Re: Exim and parsing "unusual" Envelope Froms

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alan Barrett
Cc: Steve Davies, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim and parsing "unusual" Envelope Froms
On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Alan Barrett wrote:

> That's an unhelpful error message which has nothing to do with the real
> problem (which is that an atom and a quoted-string appear next to each
> other without an intervening dot), and which might point to a serious
> design flaw in exim (I haven't checked the code). Exim should not think
> that the colon has anything to do with a route, because the colon is
> inside a quoted-string.

It ain't the colon that has anything to do with the word "route". It's the
fact that this address was presumably part of an SMTP dialogue, and so
came in enclosed in <> brackets. In RFC822-speak things inside <> are
called "route-addr"s, which I refer to as "route address" in error
messages.

I have already patched up the error message so that it now reads

@ expected after "wpuser%mhshost{"

but this won't be in 1.62 because I've frozen that code for release
tomorrow. When processing the address

wpuser%mhshost{"gwisedom1.gwisedom2:user"}@mhs.client.co.za

Exim has read an initial local part - the atom wpuser%mhshost{ -
and so the only next legal thing is an @ character.

Philip