Re: User unknown error?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tom Samplonius
A: Andy Mell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: User unknown error?

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Andy Mell wrote:

> Unusual response by exim to a user unknown error message here.
>
> This message has been sitting in my queue for several days even though the
> mailer at the other end is returning a user unknown error. I would have
> expected the delivery error to force an immediate error message to the
> sender. Why isnt this happening?
>
> gateway.agrevo.com appears to be a sys V r3.2 box running sendmail 8.6.10.
>
> 1997-04-13 15:55:15 SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
> <AGREVO-UNREGISTERED@???>: host gateway.agrevo.com [164.60.2.42]:
> 553 <AGREVO-UNREGISTERED@???>... User is not registered within
> AgrEvo.COM realm
> 1997-04-13 15:55:15 AGREVO-UNREGISTERED@???: remote_smtp transport
> failed: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
> <AGREVO-UNREGISTERED@???>: host gateway.agrevo.com [164.60.2.42]:
> 553 <AGREVO-UNREGISTERED@???>... User is not registered within
> AgrEvo.COM realm
> *** Frozen (delivery error message)

The unknown mailbox code is 550, not 553. 553 is used if there is
something wrong with the mailbox name (ie syntax incorrect). It makes
sense that Exim would freeze such messages, as presumable the syntax could
be fixed.

You should send a message to postmaster@??? to fix his/her mail
server to return the right code for user unknown errors.

> Andy
> --
> Andy Mell, Network Admin, Cambridge University Press, Shaftesbury Road,
> Cambridge CB2 2RU, United Kingdom.          Email: amell@???

Tom