Re: User unknown error?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Andy Mell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: User unknown error?
On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Andy Mell wrote:

> Unusual response by exim to a user unknown error message here.

Which version of Exim?

> This message has been sitting in my queue for several days even though the
> mailer at the other end is returning a user unknown error. I would have
> expected the delivery error to force an immediate error message to the
> sender. Why isnt this happening?

Looks like Exim is crashing after the delivery has failed. Some earlier
versions of Exim had a bug that could do this. If you are not on 1.61,
consider upgrading. The bug was related to the handling of the hints
database files. Deleting /var/spool/exim/db/* (i.e. forgetting all the
hints) cures the symptom.