Cleaning up after spam forgery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michelle Dick
A: exim-users
Asunto: Cleaning up after spam forgery

A non-existent address in a domain owned by me was forged into a
recent bulk-email spam (not sent by me, by anyone at my site, or even
by any machine I run). In the Return-Path header. Needless to say,
this is causing me much grief. I have :blackhole:'d the address, but
my queue has some 200 frozen messages -- bounces from the spammer's
list that were sent to me.

What is the best way to remove all of these from the queue without
removing legitimate messages? Is there a way to remove all these
messages (or have them delivered to the now existing :blackhole:
alias) in one fell swoop? Their queue entries look like:

72m 0w36nX-0003rk-00 <> *** frozen ***
    loseweight@???

Sigh. Of course, now I also have to deal with all the irate letters
to root and postmaster from folks who don't realize that most spammers
these days forge innocent addresses into their bulk junk mail.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA