Re: exim and ipoptions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Niels Provos
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim and ipoptions
On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Its probably worth adding this to the exim accept code - the code for it
> should be liftable directly from wietse's tcp wrapper code.

I depends on what you want. I would prefer the approach to report the
source route used as sendmail does it. Though at the moment there is a
problem in the code Wietse Venema uses and in the code from sendmail.
If you just want to clean the socket options the code in the tcp wrapper
would be useable.

> } If that is not handled as I fear you should really do that as fast as you
> } can. If you are lacking the time or need some help with that I would
> } gladly help out.
> I must admit I am not too bothered since all our machines are set to
> reject source routing at kernel level :-)

That might be true for you. Afaik AIX, Sun and HP/UX come with source
routes enabled per default. And there are some useful things you can do
with source routes, at least for network debugging.

Greetings
Niels Provos =8)

- PHYSnet Rechnerverbund     PGP V2.6 Public key via finger or key server
  Niels Provos
  Universitaet Hamburg       WWW: http://www.physnet.uni-hamburg.de/provos/
  Jungiusstrasse 9           E-Mail: provos@???
  Germany 20355 Hamburg      Tel.:   +49 40 4123-2504     Fax: -6571