Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Neal Becker
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: several messages

    Philip> On Sat, 27 Jul 1996, Alan Barrett wrote:
    >> sender_net_accept_relay = "134.133.0.0/255.255.0.0"
    >> # sender_host_reject_relay is undefined

    Philip> On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Alan Barrett wrote:

    >> I am pretty sure that the IP address goes through gethostbyaddr before
    >> being matched against the sender_host_*_relay lists.  Maybe you linked
    >> with a bad gethostbyaddr()?

    Philip> Yes, it uses gethostbyaddr. I certainly don't trust any host name that
    Philip> comes from the HELO command. However, the name that is written in the
    Philip> log is the one HELO gives. Exim does not look up the FQDN unless it
    Philip> needs it, in order not to waste effort.

Nonetheless, this doesn't explain why my original attempt failed. I
had used:

sender_host_reject_relay = *

Now gethostbyaddr for host "farhadspc" returns
farhadspc.ctd.comsat.com,

nslookup farhadspc
Name:    farhadspc.ctd.comsat.com
Address:  134.133.40.57

neal:/src/users/neal/% nslookup 134.133.40.57
Name:    FarhadsPC.ctd.comsat.com
Address:  134.133.40.57

and local_domains is:

local_domains = ctd.comsat.com:comsat.com:neal.ctd.comsat.com

So why was fahadspc rejected?

    Philip> However, to do what Neal wants is cheaper if you use Alan's suggested
    Philip> config above, that uses only sender_net_accept_relay, since then Exim
    Philip> does not have to call gethostbyaddr at all.

Yeah, but really we have a few stray class-c nets also, so hard-coding
them all goes against the purist in me.