Re: Low priority transport...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan Barrett
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Low priority transport...
> > You don't need to extend Exim for that. You just need several config files
> > and the "-C" command line option.
>
> Er, might you not run into a privilege problem here? Exim gives up its
> setuid root privilege if called with "-C". I suppose you could tell it
> to run itself as root, which might get round that.

I tell it to run itself as root. At least, I don't do this with exim at
present, but that's what I do with smail.

> > I hoped to be able to use Exim's "-R" option to run the queue only for
> > certain destinations, without having to use separate spool directories,
> > but it has turned out not to be efficient. "exim -R" seems to have to
> > open every message in the queue before deciding whether to process it,
> > whereas I had initially expected it to get that from a dbm file.
>
> Exim doesn't at the moment keep a DBM file keyed by recipient domain. I
> suppose it could, along the same lines as the DBM file keyed by host
> name. Idea noted.

A dbm file keyed by message-id might do the trick. Iterating through the
dbm searching for things that match various criteria should be quicker
than iterating through a directory opening and closing files.

--apb (Alan Barrett)