Re: Low priority transport...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Low priority transport...
> You don't need to extend Exim for that. You just need several config files
> and the "-C" command line option. I have successfully used the following
> approach with smail:
>
>    * message arrives in "normal" queue.
>    * router matches the destination domain and sends it to a special
>      transport.
>    * special transport pipes message to another instance of smail, with
>      special "-C" command line option to make the other instance of smail
>      use a different config file.

Heh. This was our first version of virtual domaining, done 3 or 4 years
ago now. We only had two customers way back then who needed it, so
we had each of them using their own copy of smail.

I later used this trick to break the logjams smail is prone to when a
recieving site times out when smail trys to send a lot of mail to it.
Smail's one connection per delivery is death on MS Mail gateways, for
example, and I've found it a problem with some busy unix hosts as well.
So, in this case, I created a driver that handed the mail off to a copy
of sendmail in queue-only mode. Then sendmail would deliver all the mail
in one smtp connection and everything worked fine. However, I was hoping
to avoid such tricks in exim.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.