Re: [exim] Should queue processing be rewritten in Exim?

Author: Sander Smeenk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Should queue processing be rewritten in Exim?
Quoting Brian Blood (brian@???):

> The solution here is pencil(1) simple, shunt your outbound email off
> to a different server running Postfix, which has queueing and
> delivery performance an order of magnitude better than exim.

[ .. ]
> done. problem solved. no need to spend countless hours rewriting
> exim, etc, etc, etc.

Although using another MTA works, i do think this is a realistic problem
for Exim as it is right now. I use Exim because it's so flexible and
easy. Then i wonder, why can't Exim handle large(r) queues... Why do i
have to switch to another MTA if my mailsystem exceeds certain
'boundaries' :)

-Sndr.