Re: [exim] Should queue processing be rewritten in Exim?

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Should queue processing be rewritten in Exim?
Marc Perkel wrote:

> The bottleneck is the queue and I've noticed that if I use a ram disk
> for the queue that I can process many times as much mail with var lower
> load levels that using disk based queue. Ideally if I had a battery back
> up ram disk card that would be ideal but I can't find that anywhere.
>
> So - that's the problem I wish to solve.

What I don't understand is how has that not solved it already? You've
already partitioned the servers into a fast incoming server that
immediately offloads all messages that cannot be immediately processed
onto slower back-end servers, and you've already got that fast incoming
server running its queue on a ram-disk. That seems like pretty much the
optimal solution for your requirements. What would you change?

- Marc