Re: [exim] Should queue processing be rewritten in Exim?

Author: Brian Blood
To: exim-user
Subject: Re: [exim] Should queue processing be rewritten in Exim?

On Jul 2, 2008, at 11:34 AM, Marc Perkel wrote:
> I'll use myself as an example. I am in the front end spam filtering
> business. (http://www.junkemailfilter.com) I have about 4000 domains
> pointed to a single Exim server. Email comes in - I filter it - and I
> send the good email on to the customer's existing server. This machine
> is running Exim only. Spamassassin is running on a several other
> computers as well as MySQL and caching DNS servers. This one box,
> which
> is the box most everything hits first is all Exim. I have several
> other
> Exim servers on the next level of MX for backup and overload handling.

The solution here is pencil(1) simple, shunt your outbound email off
to a different server running Postfix, which has queueing and
delivery performance an order of magnitude better than exim.

That box need not have any serious power and should be simple to set
up with 2 disks mirrored for redundancy.

done. problem solved. no need to spend countless hours rewriting
exim, etc, etc, etc.

1 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen

Brian