[exim] Exim4 smarthost troubles

Top Pagina
Auteur: Eric Kingston
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Exim4 smarthost troubles
Hello,

I am having trouble getting exim to authenticate to a SMTP relay.  I
have made the appropriate entry in passwd.client as per the manual, but
am using the wildcard (*) considering the reverse DN lookup
implications.  I have configured the appropriate smarthost options.  I
have followed all of the configuration guides I can find, yet exim still
refuses to authenticate to my SMTP relay.  The SMTP relay keeps coming
back with an authentication error.  I have even tried using exim -v
<email address> and followed through with the FROM and SUBJECT.  I can
see the communication between my server and the SMTP relay and do not
see any authentication being sent, yielding the "Please authenticate
first." error message.  I am using Ubuntu 22.04 and Exim 4.95.  Can
anyone offer any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Eric Kingston