[exim] Exim 4.97 issues - NetBSD 9.3

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kazuo Kuroi
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Exim 4.97 issues - NetBSD 9.3
Hello exim-users,

I am currently trying to set up an Exim mail server with Dovecot as my local IMAP system. Here is some info relevant to my setup:

Exim version is 4.97. built using pkgsrc.

The main issue I'm having is setting up Exim for virtual users and to set up mailboxes in a normal way.

Ideally I would like Exim to use /var/email/user@domain with a standard maildir directory tree. I am not sure how to accomplish this according to Exim documentation, which is extensive but also a bit overwhelming as someone who used Exim on Debian for years (which uses entirely different setups). Once I fixed the directory issue I can probably figure out how to set up virtual users and share that info between Exim and Dovecot. On Dovecot I can do this by using the %u variable. What would be the appropriate variable for here? I tried using a few from the manual but I was just blindly stabbing in the dark.

The other thing I would like to accomplish is having an /etc/localdomains and /etc/remotedomains file to hold what domains are accepted locally and not. I don't suppose this is possible with current configurations? I have no idea how it's done on RHEL or Debian, it always came out of the box like that.

There will probably be other problems that I have to discuss but I sincerely hope that I can get some help here. If I have omitted some crucial detail please let me know.