Re: [exim] Move message to another server for spooling

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jeremy Harris
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Move message to another server for spooling
On 02/01/2023 09:39, Laura Williamson via Exim-users wrote:
> got a few of these the last couple of days, only to outlook365 servers. Looked on google and it seems to be a random thing that happens with MS. I tried to look in the docs how to move a message to another server for spooling but I cannot find an option for that, is there a command line option for this? I have a couple of smarthost servers, would like to move these to that system.

For manual moves across Exim installations:

1) freeze the messages (exim -Mf <message id> <message id> ...)
    (just to ensure a queue-run doesn't jump in while you're half-way)
    Check (exim -bp <message id> <message id> ...) they did get frozen.

2) Move spool files having the message-id(s).  There should be a D- and an H-
    pair of files. You'll need to know where your spool is, for both Exim
    installations.

3) Unfreeze with "exim -Mt ..."

NOTE: this won't help you if your "smarthost" is not running Exim.

> Another thing, is there an option to move a queue to another (smarthost) server when a message is XX days old?

Actually, you want to *route* depending on message age.

Place a manualroute router in the chain before your usual "send to internet"
(which is probably a dnslookup router)
picking off old messages using a condition on $message_age
and directing to your "smarthost".

Exim does support multiple (named) queues within a single installation,
but I don't see you wanting that here.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy