Re: [exim] Signed header list in DKIM headers

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Florian Weimer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
Kopio: Jeremy Harris
Vanhat otsikot: Re: [exim] Signed header list in DKIM headers
Aihe: Re: [exim] Signed header list in DKIM headers
* Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:

> On 26/01/2020 12:16, exim-users--- via Exim-users wrote:
>> however in case of mailing list posts, I get DKIM errors as the Exim-generated DKIM signature contains headers, which are not in my original
>> mail (those get inserted by mailing list software afterwards).
>
> Yes. DKIM breaks mailing lists. The proponents of DKIM do
> not care about this.

I think this is largely an Exim-specific problem. It's unfortunate
that the default configuration deliberately breaks mailing lists by
asserting that mailing-list related headers do not exist. Most other
DKIM deployments do not do this.

DKIM itself has been designed to be compatible with mailing lists.
For many years, I believed otherwise, but I was wrong. I'm sure the
Exim defaults are just a historic accident, but they are exactly what
they would look like if someone wanted to use Exim's market share to
score a point against DKIM.