Re: [exim] Broken pipe > MYSQL: no data found

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Broken pipe > MYSQL: no data found
Am 25.10.22 um 10:50 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:
> That "broken pipe" is from the "malware" ACL condition code sending

Yeap, no questions that it happens in mid transit of the mail to the
external clamd.

> You might prefer to only virus-scan smaller messages, by
> checking $message_size.

That would be very good for attackers, don't you agree? For Spam it's
ok, but virusprotection? It's a no-go.

But, your suggestion, as usual, helped me to find a safe wordaround for
the issue. Sometimes, all it takes is to explain the problem to someone
else  ;) THX Jeremy.

> I suspect that "MYSQL: no data found" error comes from a different part

It comes from the mysql module:

# strings /usr/lib64/exim/4.96-3.fc35/lookups/mysql.so| grep MYSQL
close MYSQL connection: %s
MYSQL connection failed: %s
MYSQL: query failed: %s
*MYSQL: no data found*
MYSQL new connection: host=%s port=%d socket=%s database=%s user=%s
MYSQL using cached connection for %s
MYSQL: query was not one that returns data
MYSQL: lookup result failed: %s
MYSQL: lookup result error when checking for more results: %s
MYSQL: got unexpected more results

Best regards,
marius