Re: [exim] Broken pipe > MYSQL: no data found

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Broken pipe > MYSQL: no data found
On 25/10/2022 09:10, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
> 2022-10-25 07:36:45 1onCcF-002IAu-0b malware acl condition: clamd  : unable to send file body to socket (83.x.x.x): Broken pipe

That "broken pipe" is from the "malware" ACL condition code sending
the mail message data to clamd via a TCP connection. Clamd closed
the connection.

If your clamd is on the same system as your exim, you could use
a Unix-domain connection, or annotate the TCP conn spec as being local;
then only the filename for the message need be passed rather than
the whole content, which might be more efficient. Of course, that
won't stop clamd failing in interesting ways on massive messages.

You might prefer to only virus-scan smaller messages, by
checking $message_size.

> 2022-10-25 07:36:45 1onCcF-002IAu-0b H=X [x.x.x.x] X=TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256 CV=no F=<YYY@YYY> temporarily rejected after DATA: MYSQL: no data found

The word "MYSQL" is not in this part of the sourcecode.
I suspect that "MYSQL: no data found" error comes from a different part
of your configuration-defined processing, even if the lack
of virus-scan result is the cause.

> the mysql modul also looses it's connection to the database

Not proven. Check using Exim's debug facilities.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy