Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?

Author: Kamil Jońca
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?
Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> writes:

> On 31/05/2022 14:28, Kamil Jońca via Exim-users wrote:
>> I have some instances, which generates mail from stdin
>> (ie something like "echo bla|mail root")
>> and recently I found that there exists additional empty line in such
>> emails, ie instead of
>> bla
>> I have
>> bla
>> I am rather confusing with it. Is this intentional?
>
> Could we see the actual message?
> --
> Cheers,
> Jeremy

I make some test and now I am quite confused.
I attached 5 messages.
all of them were created by
echo bla|mail root
command.

You can see that there were different configurations
(postfix to postfix)
postfix to exim
exim to exim
exim to postfix

Four were created on "dorsz" machine (and by aliases redirected to alfa
machine)
one were created on alfa machine directly.
bla
bla

bla

bla
bla

Now I do not know if I should blame exim for adding line or postfix for
removing it.
KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html