Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?

Author: Bill Cole
To: Kamil Jońca via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?
On 2022-05-31 at 09:28:38 UTC-0400 (Tue, 31 May 2022 15:28:38 +0200)
Kamil Jońca via Exim-users <kjonca@???>
is rumored to have said:

> I have some instances, which generates mail from stdin
> (ie something like "echo bla|mail root")
> and recently I found that there exists additional empty line in such
> emails, ie instead of
> bla
>
> I have

> bla

> I am rather confusing with it. Is this intentional?

That's almost certainly being done before submission to Exim by the
'mail' program. Some versions enforce a requirement that messages end
with a blank line. There are also some delivery agents that add a blank
line when delivering to mbox files which MUAs may or may not treat as
part of the message boundary.

--
Bill Cole
bill@??? or billcole@???