Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?

Author: Kamil Jońca
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?
Bill Cole via Exim-users <exim-users@???> writes:

> On 2022-05-31 at 09:28:38 UTC-0400 (Tue, 31 May 2022 15:28:38 +0200)
> Kamil Jońca via Exim-users <kjonca@???>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> I have some instances, which generates mail from stdin
>> (ie something like "echo bla|mail root")
>> and recently I found that there exists additional empty line in such
>> emails, ie instead of
>> bla
>>
>> I have

>> bla

>> I am rather confusing with it. Is this intentional?
>
> That's almost certainly being done before submission to Exim by the
> 'mail' program. Some versions enforce a requirement that messages end
> with a blank line. There are also some delivery agents that add a
> blank line when delivering to mbox files which MUAs may or may not
> treat as part of the message boundary.

I forgot to mention: when such message is pasing by postfix only
instances - there is no such additional line.
So it seems, that not only during submission exim adds this line, but
always wants message to end with empty line and enforces it.

I am not sure if this is but or not.

KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html