Re: [exim] message has lines too long for transport

Author: jarland
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] message has lines too long for transport
A new variable was added in 4.95: message_linelength_limit

This defaults to RFC spec which is 998 characters, but that's not where
the conversation should end. Absolutely no one out there is creating
software that adheres to the RFC standard. You can send an email from
Outlook, Roundcube, Thunderbird, or whatever which violates this
standard and it will be accepted by all major email providers with no
issue. It should therefore be expected that exim admins will not demand
everyone suddenly adopt this old standard, but instead that they'll
increase the value of this variable in their configs to compensate.
Personally, I set my servers to 52428800 for it.