Re: [exim] 4.96-RC1 issue

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.96-RC1 issue
On 24/05/2022 10:02, Laura Williamson via Exim-users wrote:
> in the central_filter, removing those delivers the message correctly, appears that there is an array that is not emptied after each message_body compare and therefore goobles up memory and fails when reaching 2gb?

I'm thinking more in terms of something going negative.

One possible investigation route will be to deliberately
coredump on detection. But setting up for permitting
cores of a setuid binary is a security risk (the files
can contain sensitive info so must be handled with care)
and you'd probably also want to run the debugger over it
yourself and only tell me the stacktrace. Does this
sound feasible?
--
Cheers,
Jeremy