Re: [exim] smarthost Outsmarting me so Far

Author: Slavko (tblt)
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smarthost Outsmarting me so Far
Dňa 11. mája 2022 13:34:47 UTC používateľ Martin McCormick via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>    So, the question is, Does this look like I can rearrange
>things somewhere to correct what is happening?

You can even do auth with swaks...

>    When Suddenlink.net upgraded something around March 14,
>the banner changed and the server doesn't appear to use Port 465
>in any way.  I've fixed that situation in that I call for 587 in
>/etc/exim4/localmacros by editing the appropriate line as shown:

Proper file depends on chhosen config type -- split vs one file (i forged
exact name), if you use split config place them eg. in
/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/00-localmacros (doesn't exists by default)

>Again thanks for any and all constructive ideas.

Did you setup passw.client file?

See https://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/exim4-config/exim4_passwd_client.5.en.html

You have to uses smarthost's PTR name, eventually with wildcards, eg:

*.example.org:username:password

While i do not suggest it, you can start with full wildcard and then go to more precise
definition:

*:username:password

regards

--