[exim] smarthost Outsmarting me so Far

Author: martin.m
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] smarthost Outsmarting me so Far
Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> writes:
> Have you asked them?

    That was the first thing I tried as this is an excellent
question.

    The people I talk to are helpful but not knowledgeable.
There are no email support addresses that connect to the actual
people who are running the server.  I suspect they have tuned it
to work with Outlook but nowhere have I heard anybody say or read
in a document that "your mail client must do XYZ to successfully authenticate.
I have figured out by trial and lots of error that it looks like
you can stay on port 587 after starttls so Port 465 appears to
not be necessary anymore.

Martin