Re: [exim] smarthost Outsmarting me so Far

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smarthost Outsmarting me so Far
On 11/05/2022 14:34, Martin McCormick via Exim-users wrote:
> #Banner once again but the script marches on

Actually, it should have been different, no longer
advertising STARTTLS once you are using TLS. Mind, they
advertised cleartext AUTH methods *on a cleartext connection*
so they are obviously Deficient In Clue.

So we need to see if they did advertise AUTH once
TLS was wrapping the connection (after a successful STARTTLS).
We'd also wonder if your transport and authenticators are
configured to attempt auth.

The docs are at
    http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/
--