Re: [exim] Running our own email server on GCP

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Terrance Devor
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Andrew C Aitchison, mbaig, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Running our own email server on GCP
Hello Andrew,

Add Mohamed who is our CTO.

I see where the confusion is, apologies for not being specific. The email
server is to manage our corporate emails, we can persist configuration,
email related data in a dedicated storage. Google Workspace (gmail) is (i)
too expensive for us, and we require (ii) full control over our
SMTP/IMAP/POP3 service and the data. Good catch on loosing all our data if
the container needs to reset which can happen if Google performs some
maintenance and needs to reset our host.... The received messages will be
stored on a persisted filesystem, can we not configure IMAP to store the
emails on a persistent filesystem outside of the container?

The approach would be:
- EXIM as the MTP, using port 26 to get around port 25 being blocked by the
cloud service provider
- Dovecot to support IMAP.
- IMAP quota of 200MB of stored emails on the cloud
- Employees will need to log into the VPN to be able to send/receive emails