Re: [exim] message has lines too long for transport

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] message has lines too long for transport
On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 08:48:33PM +0200, Victor Ustugov via Exim-users wrote:
> Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote on 19.11.2021 09:16:

> > There are several variants to try:
> >
> >  1. Use header add/remove directives in ACLs and/or routers to "reinstall"
> >     problematic "References:" header if its length is too high, in hope
> >     Exim would fold it correctly.

> Exim doesn't fold such headers correctly.

Yes, my experiments confirm it: add_header option in ACLs produces
a single-line header, and attempt to split it artificially by "\n" results
in stripping the tail of line (after "\n") into X-ACL-Warn: header.

IMHO, processing of add_header have better to be improved, to produce
lines up to 78 characters, as recommended by RFC.
--
Eugene Berdnikov