Re: [exim] [Transport error]: message has lines too long for…

Author: Marcin Gryszkalis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Transport error]: message has lines too long for transport
On 18.11.2021 21:00, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:> On 18/11/2021
10:35, Andrea Biscuola via Exim-users wrote:
>> is. From what I was able to understand, we should modify the
>> remote_smtp and
>> remote_smtp_forward_transport sections to solve the problem, with the
>> message_linelength_limit
>> parameter set to something like "4096".
>
> The smtp transport has a relevant option.

I just hit the same problem as Andrea. So

- I wonder why did you decide that the limit on incoming mails can
still be defined in configuration, but for outgoing mails it must be
forced in the code?

- What do you think about implementing re-folding headers to make mail
RFC-compliant again (ie. fix what outlook spolied)?

- I guess that with the new check you could update RCF.conform

https://github.com/Exim/exim/blob/a1108b5118d32e969c5fe91b2110944f7483a7cb/doc/doc-misc/RFC.conform#L53

best regards
--
Marcin Gryszkalis, PGP 0xA5DBEEC7 http://fork.pl/gpg.txt