Re: [exim] [Transport error]: message has lines too long for…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Transport error]: message has lines too long for transport
On 27/01/2022 18:41, Marcin Gryszkalis via Exim-users wrote:
> On 18.11.2021 21:00, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:> On 18/11/2021 10:35, Andrea Biscuola via Exim-users wrote:
> >> is. From what I was able to understand, we should modify the
> >> remote_smtp and
> >> remote_smtp_forward_transport sections to solve the problem, with the
> >> message_linelength_limit
> >> parameter set to something like "4096".
> >
> > The smtp transport has a relevant option.
>
> I just hit the same problem as Andrea. So
>
>  - I wonder why did you decide that the limit on incoming mails can still be defined in configuration,

I'm not sure where you're looking?

Certainly there is a variable with the detected max line length of
a message being handled; you can code ACL to check it and reject
the message if you regard it as overlarge.

> but for outgoing mails it must be forced in the code?

... nor what you mean by "forced in the code", given that
the smtp transport has an option, which you can set in your
configuration, and will be used for outgoing mails sent by that
transport.

Both ACL and transport options are part of your configuration.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy