Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew C Aitchison
A: Leonardo Boselli
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022, Leonardo Boselli via Exim-users wrote:

> I have two hosts a.example.com and p.example.com .
> mail for example com arrive to A, but for some users is forwarded to
> user@??? .
> Nothing special until here, you do with a procmail option at user level.
> The problem is that host p could be disconnected, sometime also for weeks, or
> even if conencted could refuse messges..
> Normally if you forward to a disconnected host after some time (one day ?)
> you get a messge telling that you cannot connect it and after some days gives
> up and bounces the message, and do it immediately if it get a 5xx error.
> What i want to do is that when sending a message to p.example.com whatever
> thing happens (no route to host/ dns error / no response / closed port / 4xx
> or 5xx error), anything different than an accepted message, the message
> remains in the queue and is tried again every 24 hours, indefinitely.
> What is easier way ?

As Jeremy says, a retry rule will do that.

In addition, there are ways to get p.example to tell a.example that
it would like to receive any waiting messages.
Off the top of my head I don't remember whether the messages come down the
same connectionas the request or a new one, or whether both are possible.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???