Re: [exim] 4.95-RC0 - SIGSEGV (maybe attempt to write to imm…

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.95-RC0 - SIGSEGV (maybe attempt to write to immutable memory) & other oddities
On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 2:05 PM Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On 29/07/2021 19:51, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> > What should I do to replicate what he's doing?
>
> Enable setuid coredumps (NOTE: not recommended for longterm
> use. Core files will contain credentials and personally-identifying
> information. Leaving them lying around will eventually result in
> a leak).
>
> Build exim without compiler optimisation ( -O0 ) and with debugger
> symbols (for clang: -ggdb, -glldb, -gsce, -gdbx depending on your
> debugger ).
>
> clang docs: https://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html
>
> Run until you get a coredump. Get the stacktrace from that.

Okay. I am on it and I hope I am doing things the right way:

1. sysctl kern.sugid_coredump=1
2. I have used "clang -ggdb" to compile Exim. I am not sure if there is
anything else I have missed here. I did not pass any other argument to
`make`.

I am now running RC1 on my FreeBSD server.

> Actually, Matthew, would you like me to give you access to my FreeBSD 13,
> > so that you can try and reproduce this?
>
> If between you you can work up a repeat-by that I can run myself, we have
> hope.

If there is anything I should have added to the above, please let me know.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,