Re: [exim] Certificate name mismatch over VPN

Author: Alain D D Williams
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Certificate name mismatch over VPN
On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 03:30:49PM +0200, Exim Users wrote:

> Maybe this Snippet helps.
> I use it presenting different Certs depending on the lokal IP / Interface of the current connection:

Ah, that looks like the sort of thing that I was looking for.

I have just hacked my Apache config to allow Let's Encrypt (well, anyone)
access to the directory /.well-known/acme-challenge/ and so now have a
certificate that I can let exim use - and this works.

I shall keep a note of this for use on other occasions.

Many thanks.

PS: I did this on a Debian 10 box. I am doing similar on a CentOS box which has
the added delight of getting the file labelling right to work under SElinux :-)

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256 https://www.phcomp.co.uk/