Re: [exim] 4.95-RC0 - SIGSEGV (maybe attempt to write to imm…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.95-RC0 - SIGSEGV (maybe attempt to write to immutable memory) & other oddities
On 29/07/2021 19:51, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> What should I do to replicate what he's doing?

Enable setuid coredumps (NOTE: not recommended for longterm
use. Core files will contain credentials and personally-identifying
information. Leaving them lying around will eventually result in
a leak).

Build exim without compiler optimisation ( -O0 ) and with debugger
symbols (for clang: -ggdb, -glldb, -gsce, -gdbx depending on your debugger ).

clang docs: https://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html

Run until you get a coredump. Get the stacktrace from that.

> Actually, Matthew, would you like me to give you access to my FreeBSD 13,
> so that you can try and reproduce this?

If between you you can work up a repeat-by that I can run myself,
we have hope.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy