Re: [exim] Exim 4.94.2 - security update released

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.94.2 - security update released
On 06/05/2021 14:54, Konstantin Boyandin via Exim-users wrote:

> The last known EPEL Exim version is 4.94 #2, built on March 25, 2021. It
> wasn't difficult to build Exim from sources and replace insecure EPEL
> version, but it's not exactly my understanding of fun.

An update was available for EPEL 7 & 8 (as well as Fedora) on Tuesday:

EL8: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2021-beed69126f
EL7: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2021-dad1996f63

It is currently in the testing repository, meaning an update can be done with
"yum --enablerepo=epel-testing" .

I've nudged the EPEL maintainer to suggest that it should be pushed
immediately to stable, given the severity.

Tim