Re: [exim] DKIM: validation error: LONG_LINE

Author: Bill Cole
To: Wayne via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM: validation error: LONG_LINE
On 21 Apr 2021, at 15:37, Wayne via Exim-users wrote:

> Does this include lines in the body of the messages or just the
> headers?

Both. See RFC5322 Section 2.1.1. MTAs can safely fix over-long header
lines by folding them, but to fix a body with over-long lines, they'd
need to either modify the body content by adding line breaks (very bad)
or apply a MIME encoding that conforms to the 998-character limit (still
not good, although Sendmail will do this in some configurations.)

> I think the body of the message may voilate the limit, and of course,
> the message is generated by firmware so I won't be able to correct
> this.

If you can, report that as a bug to the vendor.

--
Bill Cole
bill@??? or billcole@???