[exim] MX record exists but exim doesn't detect it

Author: Sagar Acharya
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] MX record exists but exim doesn't detect it
I'm having many confusions while setting up exim. I use Parabola GNU OS (Arch)

I'm executing
exim -bt -d-resolver anonymous@???

I get
DNS lookup of designman.org(MX) gave TRY_AGAIN

but "dig @8.8.8.8 designman.org MX" shows a record
designman.org.      3599       IN           MX         5 anonymous.designman.org

nslookup does not show anything. I get connection timed out. How does exim look dns records internally?

I have a user named anonymous and hostname is also anonymous.

I have a few questions:
1. How to add users? Are these users just the users on OS? And the passwords their respective account passwords?
2. What is root and postmaster in aliases? Is it the same as root user on my OS? I don't want exim to have access to root obviously.
3. I want to rather have mail.designman.org above? Do I have to keep primary_hostname=anonymous since my hostname is anonymous , i.e. Does exim check whether primary_hostname is really my system's hostname?

Please add me to cc for your replies. I'm not subscribed in this mailing list.

Thanking you
Sagar Acharya
https://designman.org

P.S. There's much nomenclature specific to mail servers which isn't clear. I read some of the book on Exim but it shows how Exim has been implemented, not much on user setup.