Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.35 testing issues on Windows

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Richard G.
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.35 testing issues on Windows
On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 02:10, Daniel Richard G. <skunk@???> wrote:

> Sorry to have kept you waiting; we had a holiday weekend here in the
> U.S. and I have been playing catch-up.

No problem. Hope you had a good holiday - though as far as giving thanks
goes, I'm just thankful that 2020 is not going to last much longer, but I
can at least be thankful that I and my family have got this far without
mishap.

> To answer your earlier question: While I fixed the pcre2_test.bat file
> (not RunTest.bat) manually to allow my build to proceed, that script is
> generated by CMake, so the real fix is to be found in CMakeLists.txt. I
> suggested the following edit in my initial e-mail:

... and I didn't realize/remember/understand how that all worked. Sorry.

> However, you will want to run this by whoever maintains the CMake
> support---

There is nobody but me. I do test CMake under Linux and of course I can
look stuff up in its documentation, but I can't test anything under
Windows. I rely on users such as yourself to advise on changes. I've just
done a bit of research, and realized that I might be able to test
RunTest.bat using Wine, which could be helpful. Anyway, I have applied your
patch to CMakeLists.txt and committed r1286. The release candidate has been
out long enough now. Tomorrow I intend to run all the tests that I can and
then put out the 10.36 release.

> As for the PCRE2_HAVE_STDINT problem, I must apologize; on closer
> examination, this turned out to be a local edit in my PCRE2 tree for an
> as-yet unsubmitted feature. Please disregard this.

Oh good. Glad to hear it wasn't me missing something.

> Regards,

Philip