Re: [exim] Exim as a backup MX server

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim as a backup MX server
On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:53:27PM -0500, Linda Pagillo via Exim-users wrote:
> My question is this... As a matter of best practices, if my primary,
> in-house mail server which is hosting 500 domains/10,000 users was offline
> for 24+ hours, would a backup MX not make sense in this scenario? Or if
> this is not the best solution, what is the alternative? Thanks.

It's not a technical question, it's just a business topic. If your users
can wait 24+ hours, it has sense. Otherwise you have better to build up
some kind of HA-cluster. It may be space-separated (one node in your home,
other one in your friend's home). How it can be done is another question,
competely a technical one, but not for exim's mail list.
--
Eugene Berdnikov