Re: [exim] Exim as a backup MX server

Author: Linda Pagillo
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim as a backup MX server
Hi everyone. As far as I can see, I never received a response about my last
question. However, I have a different question. I understand that a lot of
you think a backup MX is not a good idea and i understand why you feel that
way. My question is this... As a matter of best practices, if my primary,
in-house mail server which is hosting 500 domains/10,000 users was offline
for 24+ hours, would a backup MX not make sense in this scenario? Or if
this is not the best solution, what is the alternative? Thanks.