Re: [exim] Problems with connecting on port 465 with SSL

Author: Jutta Wrage
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with connecting on port 465 with SSL
Hi Jeremy,

Am 14.01.2020 um 23:48 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:

> You need the main-config option setting:
>
> tls_on_connect_ports = 465

I have had added that already.
But now I noticed: the admin installing the server did not tell Exim to listen to ports, so it will have listened only on port 25, so every incoming call went there.

Having a one file example configuration instead of the many example files in the Debian for conf.d might have helped me. But though ist is supposed to be in the debian package I did not find tat file.

Now I get this error in exim's log:

TLS error on connection from xxxt-ipconnect.de [x.x.x.x] (gnutls_handshake): The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.

I will have to dive a bit more into that before I start again so solve the additional UUCP problems with callers (nothing to do with exim at all).

Many thank,

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de