Re: [exim] Problems with connecting on port 465 with SSL

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with connecting on port 465 with SSL
On 15/01/2020 01:50, Jutta Wrage via Exim-users wrote:
>> tls_on_connect_ports = 465
>
> I have had added that already.
> But now I noticed: the admin installing the server did not tell Exim to listen to ports, so it will have listened only on port 25, so every incoming call went there.

You have weird clients :) Could I suggest that you configure
exim to log the local port number, on each connection?
And received connections, in addition to message actions?

Add +incoming_interface +smtp_connection to your "log_selector" option.

ref:
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-log_files.html#SECTlogselector

There are also the debug facilities, controlled by commandline option:

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_exim_command_line.html#SECID39

--
Cheers,
Jeremy