Re: [exim] data timeout on connection

Author: Niels Dettenbach
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] data timeout on connection
Am Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2019, 13:19:28 CET schrieb Hardy via Exim-users:
> I didn't change effectively anything, neither to cause nor to resolve
> the problems, and the sender sides were too many different ones as I
> would think it plausible they had a problem.
>
> Some of you in this list suggested mis-aligned network. I suspect this
> happened on my hoster's part. They did not communicate any problem,
> though. I suspect they misconfigured and corrected silently, whatever it
> was. According to my logs this situation lasted for about 12+ hours.

I would add a +1 here for this because i did not found any further prob yet
since weeks now, but we are "hosting" byself anything - except the BGP gates
- with "plain internet access". i've contacted our NOC / upstream partner for
this while he had no clue at all about this effect - so i putted this
beside...

Possibly any proprietary) routing / network firmware of a (Tier 1?) IP
"network device" got updated in the last?

bit crazy...

thanks to you guys for sharing your details and the logging hints.

niels

--
---
Niels Dettenbach